Essential Questions for The Fog of War
- When is the use of force acceptable? What principals govern how military force may be used?
- To what extent is it necessary to understand your military adversary and their culture, religion, and history in any geo-political conflict?
- Can and should there be rules of warfare? Are they enforceable?
- What are the limitations to modern high-technology equipment, forces, and doctrine?
- What is the concept of proportionality in warfare, and to what extent, if at all, should our country consider this as a guideline in war?
- To what extent, if at all, is it important to engage the public in a full-scale discussion and debate of the pros and cons of military intervention?
- Under what circumstances should individuals be held responsible for war crimes or crimes against humanity? Who should make this decision and how?
Friday, February 22
BEFORE YOU VIEW: 160 million soldiers and civilians were killed during wars in the 20th century. In order to more fully understand the context of the movie, please create an eight-slide Google Doc, Prezi, Powerpoint, or Keynote Presentation on one of the following historical events of the 20th Century:
JOURNAL #1: Write a forty to one-hundred word response and/or summary of each of the lessons of war (440 words minimum):
Monday, February 25
Film Festival Schedule: Thursday and Friday this week!!!
History of 20th Century Warfare Presentations
Begin Watching The Fog of War
JOURNAL #2 (350 words minimum):
Tuesday and Wednesday, February 26-27
View The Fog of War and do the two journals
2nd Documentary Film Festival on Thursday, February 28 and Friday, March 1
Watch and enjoy the hard work that you and your classmates have done . . .