Essential Questions for Eats, Shoots and Leaves
- To what extent does grammar really matter? If so, why?
- To what extent does clear writing depend upon a thorough understanding of grammar concepts?
- To what extent will being a clear writer advance you in your chosen profession?
- What are the differences between British and American usage?
- Are you more inclined to agree with prescriptive grammarians or descriptive grammarians?
- How does Lynne Truss set up and use quoted examples of language to make her argument?
- How does the author use diction to establish her tone?
Tuesday, January 3
Click here to view and edit Eats, Shoots & Leaves Presentations:
Wednesday, January 4
7 Group Presentations
Click here to access the blog activity for today.