Non-Fiction Reading Assignment!
- Seek and obtain a highly-regarded non-fiction book by Monday, November 4th. If it's not on one of these lists below, you need to ask for approval.
- Bring that book to class for 30-minutes of reading every day.
- Finish the book by Monday, November 18th.
- Complete two journal entries that summarize the book: First Entry on Thursday, November 7th and Second Entry on Thursday, November 14th;
- On Monday, November 18th, you will be asked to write an in-class timed writing based on the structure / organization, topic & theme, notable stylistic and organizational features, and your own personal response to your book.
Choose any from The New York Times List "As If You Don't Have Enough to Read"
Choose any from Time Magazine's All-TIME 100 Best Non-Fiction Books
Choose any "Adult Non-Fiction" from Grand Rapids Library Reading List for the College Bound
Choose any Non-Fiction, Memoir, or Auto-biography from the National Endowment for the Humanities
Choose any from the Modern Library Association's "100 Best Non-Fiction List"
For you Anglo-philes, choose any from The Guardian's "The 100 Greatest non-fiction books"