Essential Questions for Documentary Films:
- What are some of the basic techniques in documentary films?
- How do film directors organize their documentary movies in order to achieve a certain effect?
- What evidence is presented to persuade the audience of a particular idea? Is it compelling? To what extent is it accurate?
- How do documentary films make use of the three rhetorical appeals: pathos, ethos, and logos?
- To what extent does a particular scene represent reality? If so, is this scene communicating something worthwhile?