Essential Questions for Walden
- How do you want to construct your own life? Why?
- What does it mean to be awake to the present moment?
- What is truly necessary in life? Possessions? Health? Job? Family? Money? Food? Shelter?
- What's the proper balance between life, work, and leisure? What would you be willing to sacrifice to gain more leisure?
- What is the value of Nature? What is our responsibility to Nature, if any?
- What is the responsibility, if any, of the individual in relationship to society?
- Is there any value in living simply? Is it even possible to live simply in today's society?
- How can a sense of place inform and, perhaps, enrich our day-to-day lives?
- What is the value of being a life-long reader and learner?
- To what extent does technology serve us? To what extent do we serve technology?
Monday, February 25
Tuesday, February 26
Wednesday, February 27
Thursday, February 28
Friday, March 1
Monday, March 4
Tuesday, March 7
Wednesday, March 6
Thursday, March 7
Reading by Chapter
"The more you think about it, the less the difference."
Re-read and discuss the Battle of the Ants together.