Here are a few questions that I have about this creative non-fiction piece that you could write about if you so choose:
- What is the author suggesting about the American dream?
- How does the way in which the author characterizes the reporter a critique of the media?
- How does the author set up the third paragraph?
- What do you think will happen to the Hawk? Will he be OK?
- To me, one of the essential characteristics of a good piece of writing is surprise. What surprised you about this piece?
- Another characteristic of quality, in my opinion, is that good writing lingers with me . . . or it resonates in some important way. How does that work? If this piece resonates with you, why do think that happened?
p.s. I'm reading and enjoying all of your posts. Really! They are awesome.
p.s.s. If you somehow fell behind on these posts, don't despair. In terms of a grade, nothing is late on this assignment until the Friday of the first week of school. That being said, please don't wait until then and cram it all in. You won't learn as much. Try to get at least eight of the ten posts done by Labor Day, OK?
p.s.s. The link above is a pdf. If you can't open it, try this one.